GAIA Print Charger
Required Maintenance Date:
This major release contains the following:
- Monitoring can now be achieved using a single printer queue. The
output printer method is still retained for use when you want to redirect
the jobs to another computer.
- Epson printers using the ESC/P2 language are supported.
- Page size, colour and duplex are now detected. (Colour detection is
not available for Postscript). The first few characters of a user
transaction identifies the paper size, and whether colour and/or duplex
- A new page cost table has been added to the printer definition on the
Charging tab. This allows you to specify black, colour and duplex page
costs for different paper sizes.
- The Setup Wizard now sets up monitoring using a single printer without
an output printer.
- New setup options have been added to:
a. Allow you to specify other domains to search when the user is not found
in the local domain.
b. Add a user transaction when a job fails.
c. Allow the department name entered into the popup client to be hidden
like a password.
d. Automatically backup the database every day.
e. Allow a username to be passed to the web balance inquiry program. This
enables the system manager to inquire on any user over the web.
- The maximum number of printers that can be monitored on a single
server has been increased from 32 to 60. However, this is a theoretical
rather than a practical limit and we do not recommend you load a single
server with this many printers.
- When adding receipts, the user list now sorts correctly by Full Name.
- A problem where the Adjust Balance window did not close if the option
"Create User Transactions" was not enabled has been fixed.
- The monitor now handles documents with names up to the maximum allowed
by Windows of 260 characters.
- A client notification message now remains as the top window and is not
hidden under other windows.
- Client messages are no longer truncated to 255 characters.
- A problem where the client on Win 9x displayed a 'Path not found'
error for some usernames containing periods has been fixed.
- A new option has been added to the File menu to allow you to test the
popup client from the server.
- Vertical scroll bars have been removed from all list boxes and
replaced with VCR style navigation controls at the bottom of the boxes.
Previously, the scroll bars on the list boxes did not operate as expected
because the list boxes are page loaded. That is, the records are only read
when requested by the user and the operating system did not know the
number of records to be displayed so it was unable to calculate the scroll
thumb stop points.
- The client on a workstation running multiple protocols no longer
displays duplicate messages if you cancel the first message very quickly.
- A problem where multiple copies for some HP4000 series printers were
not being detected has been fixed.
If you are upgrading, you must check that your
registration maintenance date is at least the date shown above. The
product will not run if your registration has a maintenance date prior to
the release date. To upgrade your maintenance,
Upgrading will not affect your existing database
If you are upgrading from a previous version
1. Stop the GAIA Print Monitor service on all servers using the copy to be
2. Close the Administration and Payment Manager applications.
3. Close the Balance Inquiry and Print Client application on all client
Run the file you downloaded to expand it into an empty directory, then run
If you are upgrading, the installation procedure will default to the current