GAIA Print Charger
Required Maintenance Date:
This major release contains the following:
- The user browse window has been updated with the addition of Receipt and Adjustment buttons. Most common tasks can now be performed from this one window. The user browse is now also the default window for the Payment Manager.
- A new option has been added to the Browse menu and toolbar for Scheduled Balance Adjustments. These allow you to automatically schedule balance adjustments for Groups, Departments and Users on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Once Only basis.
- A new option has been added to the Reports menu to Graph Printer Usage. This allows you to see at a glance the pages or jobs for the top 20 printers.
- A new Control Service button has been added to the Monitor tab in Options. This will run the services applet to allow you to control the GAIA Print
- The user Adjust Balance button has been moved from the user's detail screen to the user's browse screen. This allows you to adjust the balance without editing the user record. It also allows the updating of the user balance and the writing of the adjustment transaction to occur in the same database transaction.
- An Adjust Balance button has been added to the browse screen for Groups and Departments.
- The Windows balance inquiry screen has been enhanced with a Refresh button and icons added to the buttons. The Print button has been moved to the far left to avoid it being accidentally clicked and it now prompts for a printer before generating the report.
- The web balance inquiry has been changed to support Challenge/Response authentication. Previously, only Basic authentication was supported.
- The registration screen now displays dates in alphabetic format instead of the Control panel date setting so that they match your registration details.
- When charging to departments, user statistics are now updated and a transaction written for the user as well as the department.
- A problem with the 16 bit Payment Manager that caused it to sometimes fail under Windows 2000 with an error like "GPCHRG16 caused an access violation in WOW32.dll" has been fixed.
- All times are now displayed as hh:mm:ss. Previously the Windows control panel short time setting was used which did not show the seconds.
- Problems with page counting and colour detection for some Epson printers have been solved.
- A problem has been fixed where, in some circumstances, jobs would remain paused in the queue even though they had been charged and the users would have to release them. This usually only
occurred under heavy load when multiple jobs were submitted simultaneously to a printer.
- A brief reason for a failed job is now included in the transaction document field. eg. Failed,PageLimit,A4,Test Page.doc
- New tabs have been added to the Printer maintenance form to display the daily job summary and detailed job lists if this information is being saved. The same lists are still available on the Browse menu.
- The Departments report has been split into 2 separate options to
produce a summary or a detailed report of transactions.
If you are upgrading, you must check that your registration
maintenance date is at least the date shown above. The product will not run if
your registration has a maintenance date prior to the release date. To upgrade your
maintenance, contact us.
Upgrading will not affect your existing database
If you are upgrading from a previous version
1. Stop the GAIA Print Monitor service on all servers using the copy to be upgraded.
2. Close the Administration and Payment Manager applications.
3. Close the Balance Inquiry and Print Client application on all client workstations.
Run the file you downloaded to expand it into an empty
directory, then run Setup.
If you are upgrading, the installation procedure will default to the current folders.